As per ANAROCK Research, entire NCR saw housing sales increase by 73% – from 23,210 units in 2020 to 40,050 units in 2021. Back in the pre-COVID-19 period of 2019, total sales in the region were approx. 46,920 units, thereby reaching 85% of the pre-Covid period.
With this performance, NCR comes second only to MMR in terms of sales during the whole of 2021. MMR witnessed housing sales of nearly 76,400 units in entire 2021 while NCR saw sales of approx. 40,050 units.
- Gurgaon sold as many as 15,590 units in 2021, thereby seeing a yearly rise of 115%. Of the total units sold in NCR in 2021 (40,040 units), Gurgaon comprised 39% share.
- Noida saw housing sales of approx. 5,450 units in 2021, comprising overall share of 14%. On yearly basis, housing sales here increased by 68%.
- Greater Noida sold as many as 9,580 units in 2021 as against 6,950 units sold in 2020, thereby rising by 38% on yearly basis. It comprised nearly 24% overall share.
- Ghaziabad saw total sales of 5,560 units in 2021 as against 3,780 units in 2020, an increase of 47% y-o-y. Housing sales share in the city was 14% of the total sales in NCR.
- Faridabad, Delhi & Bhiwadi altogether saw sales of approx. 3,870 units in 2021 against 2,000 units back in 2020.
In terms of housing launches, NCR added approx. 31,710 new units in 2021 compared to 18,530 units in 2020 – a significant rise of 71%. Back in 2019, the new supply stood at approx. 35,280 units.
- Gurgaon added as many as 18,540 units in 2021, thereby seeing a yearly rise of 66%. Of the total units launched in NCR in 2021 (31,710 units), Gurgaon comprised a whopping 58% share.
- Noida saw new supply of approx. 4,750 units in 2021, comprising overall share of 15%. On yearly basis, housing launches here increased by whopping 385%.
- Greater Noida saw new supply of as many as 3,930 units in 2021 as against 1,820 units in 2020, thereby rising by 116% on yearly basis. It comprised nearly 12% overall share.
- Ghaziabad saw new launches of 1,090 units in 2021 as against mere 500 units in 2020, an increase of 118% y-o-y. Housing launches share in the city was mere 3% of the total launches in NCR.
- Faridabad, Delhi & Bhiwadi altogether saw new launches of approx. 3,400 units in 2021 against 4,050 units back in 2020, thereby declining by 16%.
|City||New Supply (Units) – 2020||New Supply (Units) – 2021||Y-o-Y %Change|
|Faridabad, Delhi & Bhiwadi||4,050||3,400||-16%|
|Total – NCR||18,530||31,710||71%|
Source: ANAROCK Research
|City||Housing Sales (Units) – 2020||Housing Sales (Units) – 2021||Y-o-Y %Change|
|Faridabad, Delhi & Bhiwadi||2,000||3,870||94%|
|Total – NCR||23,210||40,050||73%|
Source: ANAROCK Research