Sukhdeep Aurora, Chief People Officer – ANAROCK Property Consultants
Open offices are a new-age commercial spaces trend which is catching up across the globe, including in India. Improving wireless technology to suit changing business requirements is truly an enabler for this transformation.
Millennials and globe-trotters today account for a large and ever-increasing share of the Indian working population – they operate on a very collaborative wavelength and are, by and large, not at home in the traditional cubicles model that so far defined most Indian office spaces.
To cater to the evolving mindset of a Gen Next workforce – and to achieve better productivity and employee retention – an increasing number of progressive firms are now transforming their offices into trendy, happening, open spaces that promote innovation and collaboration.
Advantages of the Open Office Culture:
- Employees can interact and collaborate easily, which not only improves productivity but also fosters a stronger sense of camaraderie
- Colleagues can discuss and seek advice without scheduling formal meetings
- Collaborative offices are vibrant spaces that emit positive energy and therefore uplift the innovation quotient
- Making the spaces where employees spend a significant portion of their day more vibrant and energetic makes them look forward to hitting the office
- Open offices reduce the cost of construction as walls,