- Approx. 8,574 keys to hit the market in 2019; nearly 19% increase over the last 2 years
- Revenue per available room (RevPAR) sees 17% growth between 2016 and 2018
- Average daily rates saw a 6.25% rise in 2018, faster than 4.5% long-term inflation rate
- Goa saw the largest signing of keys in 2018 at nearly 2,209 keys, eclipsing Bengaluru by just 192 keys
- Hotel transaction volume hit an all-time low in 2018 at INR 5,354 mn since 2007; 2019 likely to witness the sale of high-value hotel assets valued USD 800 mn across key markets
Mumbai, 10 April 2019: With demand finally outpacing supply, the Indian hospitality industry is on an upswing. The ‘India Hospitality Industry Review 2018’ report by HVS ANAROCK predicts RevPAR to grow by 9.5% in 2019.
Interestingly, Q1 2019 itself saw unexpected growth in the India hotel industry. The successful transaction of the Leela Hotels & Keys portfolio in Q1 2019 set a healthy tone for the start to the year, and trends indicating that 2019 could see transaction volumes reach around USD 800 mn.