Attractive Prices Lure 61% Hyderabad Homebuyers, 50% in NCR Respond to RERA Implementation – ANAROCK
- Current avg. property prices in Hyderabad hover around INR 4,170 per sq. ft. – the lowest among all top 7 cities
- In the last 5 yrs. the city’s average prices have risen by 15% – 3rd only to Pune & Bangalore that saw 25% and 16% appreciation respectively
- Hyderabad micro markets with max. absorption in last one year was Pocharam, Bachupally, & Kondapur
- 50% of buyers in NCR bought property due to effective RERA implementation while 58% of buyers in Kolkata were driven by lower home loan rates
E-commerce biggies may be toning down their offers, but discounts and freebies are still alive and kicking in real estate – and developers are going all out to lure buyers with attractive deals and discounts. Is it working?
As per the recent ANAROCK Consumer Sentiment Survey, as many as 50% buyers across the country bought homes due to attractive prices.
18% Homebuyers Prefer New Launch Homes Against Previous 5%: ANAROCK Consumer Sentiment Survey
- RERA implementation & lower GST revive consumer faith in new launches; 36% of buyers still prefer ready-to-move-in units
- Lower prices influenced >50% homebuyers to purchase homes in 2018; nearly 52% would buy again with the same developer
- End-user-driven Bangalore saw 44% of respondents buy homes for investment
- 70% of prospective buyers prefer properties under INR 80 lakh
- Tier 2 & 3 cities new investment hotspots; Bangalore favourite investment destination for NRIs
Mumbai, 24 April 2019: While ready-to-move-in homes remained the preferred choice for several homebuyers, new launches (which drew the least consumer interest in the previous survey) saw a decent revival according to ANAROCK’s Consumer Sentiment Survey H1 2019.
Over 18% of respondents now prefer new launch properties as against mere 5% in the previous survey.
Interestingly, 44% NRIs would now consider new launch properties over under-construction (to be completed in 1 year) or ready-to-move-in homes (obviously a welcome development for developers facing funding issues due to previously negligible advance sales).
- Approx. 8,574 keys to hit the market in 2019; nearly 19% increase over the last 2 years
- Revenue per available room (RevPAR) sees 17% growth between 2016 and 2018
- Average daily rates saw a 6.25% rise in 2018, faster than 4.5% long-term inflation rate
- Goa saw the largest signing of keys in 2018 at nearly 2,209 keys, eclipsing Bengaluru by just 192 keys
- Hotel transaction volume hit an all-time low in 2018 at INR 5,354 mn since 2007; 2019 likely to witness the sale of high-value hotel assets valued USD 800 mn across key markets
Mumbai, 10 April 2019: With demand finally outpacing supply, the Indian hospitality industry is on an upswing. The ‘India Hospitality Industry Review 2018’ report by HVS ANAROCK predicts RevPAR to grow by 9.5% in 2019.
Interestingly, Q1 2019 itself saw unexpected growth in the India hotel industry. The successful transaction of the Leela Hotels & Keys portfolio in Q1 2019 set a healthy tone for the start to the year, and trends indicating that 2019 could see transaction volumes reach around USD 800 mn.
CII Real Estate Confluence 2019, Mumbai – Friday, 15 March
Maharashtra Real Estate: Ahead of the Curve – Refine. Reboot. Re-emerge
Date & time: Friday, 15 March 2019, 1730 hrs
Venue: Ballroom, Hotel Taj Land’s End, Bandra, Mumbai
- Inaugural Address – Gautam Chatterjee, Chairman – Maharashtra Real Estate Regulatory Authority (MahaRERA)
- Theme Address – Anuj Puri, Chairman, CII Real Estate Confluence 2019 – Chairman, ANAROCK Property Consultants
- Keynote Address – Abhishek Lodha, MD & CEO – Lodha Developers Ltd
ANAROCK Property Consultants are knowledge partners at the CII Real Estate Confluence 2019 to be held on Friday, 15 March in Mumbai.
This year’s conference theme ‘Maharashtra Real Estate: Ahead of the Curve – Refine. Reboot. Re-emerge’ is aptly chosen for the state which has been the forerunner in RERA adoption and implementation. ANAROCK, in partnership with CII, will also unveil its latest report ‘Affordable Housing: The Blue – Eyed Boy of Indian Real Estate’
To market properties across India to Kenya’s populous & thriving ‘44th tribe’ targeting investments in their homeland
Nairobi, 10 March 2019: India’s leading real estate agency ANAROCK has partnered with Satguru Group for an event to promote investment into Indian real estate by Kenya-based NRIs. This feature-rich event will be held on Sunday, 10th February 2019 in Nairobi.
During the event captioned as ‘Karmbhoomi Se Janambhoomi’, ANAROCK and Satguru Group will showcase attending NRIs with some of the best investment opportunities in India real estate.
The spread of options will encompass all housing formats from apartments and villas to townhouses in both the affordable and premium segments.
Shajai Jacob, CEO – GCC, ANAROCK Property Consultants says, “While there is a constant discussion revolving around NRIs from the Gulf, US, UK and Europe, Kenya-based Indians do not seem to appear on anyone’s radar. This is surprising, given that Kenya-based Indians – though only about 1% of the country’s population, are actually heavily involved in Kenya’s economy. In fact, Indians in Kenya contribute substantially in most of the sectors driving Kenya’s economy and operate countless small and large business enterprises in all of Kenya’s major geographies.
ANAROCK Launches Dedicated Operations In Abu Dhabi
To expand next into Oman, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia and Kuwait
- More than 50% of NRIs living and working in the UAE have interest in Indian realty; top investment cities are Bangalore, Mumbai, Delhi NCR, Hyderabad, Chennai & Kochi
- In ANAROCK’s Consumer Sentiment Survey, NRIs from the GCC countries comprised maximum share with 36% (followed by 23% from Western Europe, 22% in Asia and 19% in North America)
- NRI investors have a higher appetite for under-construction properties than resident Indians; higher focus on investment for ROI rather than on end-use
Abu Dhabi, 5 March 2019: Marking the next step on its international expansion agenda, ANAROCK Property Consultants has announced the launch of its dedicated office in Abu Dhabi, the high-profile capital of the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
ANAROCK Abu Dhabi is the Firm’s second operational base in the UAE after launching operations in Dubai in 2017.
“We are in aggressive expansion mode in this key market.
- Infrastructure & real estate together contribute 29.5% to India’s GDP – higher than US (22.6%) and China (17.6%)
- Budget allocations in infra see massive jump – from USD 791 bn in 2014-15 to USD 2,042 bn in 2019-20
- Sector attracted massive FDI worth INR 207 bn in last 5 years backed by growing economy & strong fundamentals
New Delhi, 01 March 2019: In line with its aim to enter the USD 5 trillion club economy by 2025 – which is highly dependent on real estate and infrastructure – the Government has taken a multi-modal approach towards infrastructure development in the country over the last five years.
Besides boosting the overall economy, this ‘infrastructure first’ approach is also steering real estate growth across India, finds the report ‘Infrastructure and Real Estate – A Fulcrum for Change and Economic Growth‘ by ANAROCK Property Consultants and Association of Infrastructure Industry (India).
The report was released at the Infrastructure Summit 2019, organized by the Association of Infrastructure Industry (India) in Delhi today.
Anuj Puri –
ANAROCK Completes 300 Exclusive Project Mandates Worth INR 22,000 Cr
- 100 exclusively mandated projects worth INR 9000 Crore currently ongoing
- Sale rate of 1000 units/month unprecedented in the current market
- The firm relies heavily on technology as the key differentiator
Mumbai, 27th February 2019: ANAROCK today announced the successful closure of 300 exclusive mandates to market residential projects across India and in the Gulf. The cumulative market value of the inventory sold to date exceeds INR 22,000 Cr.
Anuj Puri, Chairman – ANAROCK says, “ANAROCK has strategically partnered with over 150 top developers across 13 Indian cities and in the Gulf. The market value of the overall mandated inventory we have sold since our launch in 2017 exceeds INR 22,000 Cr across the 300 residential projects. Interestingly, 11,000 units of these, with a value of INR 10,000 Cr, were sold in the current financial year (FY18-19) itself. The combination of focused experienced brokerage and our bespoke technology has been a winning combination.”