Of approx. 1.14 lakh units sold across the top 7 cities in Q1 2023, over 41% were fresh launches; in same period 2019, of approx. 78,520 units sold, 26% were newly launched
The cumulative unsold stock in the top 7 cities saw a 12% decline in the last 5 years – from 7,13,400 units by Q1 2018-end to approx. 6,26,750 units by Q1 2023-end.
As per ANAROCK data, out of the total new housing supply in year 2015 (approx. 3.90 lakh units), branded players’ share accounted for 41% while the remaining 59% of housing supply was by non-branded players.
Sales exceed number of units launched across India over the last 18 months
Anuj Puri, Chairman – Anarock Property Consultants
2Q17 marks a record low for units launched across India, even as sales continue to outdo new units getting constructed in a quarter for the 6th consecutive quarter.
A total of over 20,000 new units were launched across India’s top seven cities in 2Q17, while the corresponding number was slightly higher at over 26,000 units in 1Q17.
Read more »