The residential market’s winning streak continued in the first quarter of 2023 with housing sales in top cities breaching the previous high of Q1 2022. The quarter has recorded the highest-ever sales in the last decade amid a significant rise in demand for high-ticket priced homes (>INR 1.5 Cr).
Tag: India Housing
The residential sector looks forward to further support beyond the mainstay demands of industry status, easy availability of finance, and GST rates reduction. In the upcoming Union Budget 2022-23, some significant moves would help spur up residential demand include:
In the upcoming Union Budget 2022-23, some significant moves could help spur up residential demand
Latest ANAROCK data reveals that the price gap between ready-to-move-in (RTM) and under-construction (UC) homes reduced to a mere 3-5% by Q1 2021. In 2017, the difference between the two categories was anywhere between 9% to 12% across cities, while in 2018 it was 5-8%.
The housing industry needs focused measures to further bolster demand in 2021. This year, the demands go beyond the usual suspects of single-window clearance and industry status.
ANAROCK’s year-end data indicates that the top 7 cities saw total home sales of over 1.38 lakh units in 2020 against approx. 2.61 lakh units in 2019 – a decline of 47%.
ANAROCK Sells ~1,805 Homes in Sept.-Oct. Period, Up 78% Y-o-Y
- Firm sold 1,016 homes in the corresponding period in 2019 across top 9 cities in India & Dubai
- Despite COVID-19, organic buyer demand boosting sales amidst ongoing festive offers & discounts, govt. incentives (particularly stamp duty cut in Maharashtra) & prevailing low home loan rates
- MMR tops list – ANAROCK sold 573 units in September & October 2020 against 265 units last year (approx. 116% yearly rise), followed by NCR with 333 units sold in these two months against 260 units last year
- In Bengaluru, Firm sold 257 units in this period (76% y-o-y jump); 223 units sold in Chennai – a nearly five-fold yearly jump in Sept.-Oct. months this year
- NRIs capitalize on prevailing low prices in Dubai – ANAROCK sold 17 units in these two months against 3 units in this period last year
Mumbai, 1 December 2020: Despite unusual pressures on the housing market, residential real estate is on a high this festive season. ANAROCK Property Consultants sold 1,805 homes across top 9 Indian cities (NCR, MMR, Chennai,