- Leading retail brands have closed at least 120+ lease deals at prominent high street markets across the country b/w April 2020 and May 2021
- Within F&B, quick-service restaurants like Starbucks, Pizza Hut & KFC, apparel and lifestyle brands like Biba, Reliance Trends, Pantaloon, Lenskart, Westside, Zudio and Max, and specialist retailers like Croma and Reliance Digital have expanded to high streets
- Increasing high street penetration of leading hypermarket & supermarket brands in tier 2 & 3 cities due to high revenue potential; for instance, MORE Retail Ltd. entered UP cities like Agra, Faizabad, Sitapur and Muzaffarnagar
In a calibrated post-pandemic move, leading retail brands across categories are zeroing in on high street markets for expansion across India. Between April 2020 and May 2021, some of these brands closed over 120 lease deals at prominent high street markets across Indian cities and towns.
The deal sizes ranged for areas as low as 400 sq. ft. and went all the way up to 35,000 sq. ft.
Some Quick Service Restaurants (QSRs) within the F&B category (Starbucks, Pizza Hut, KFC,
Read more »
Average monthly rentals across the major high street retail markets mostly saw corrections across cities. However, there were also few markets that saw an upward trend.
Presently, data indicates that 14 new malls spread over 5.9 mn sq. ft. area will get operational by 2021-end across Indian cities, and fit-outs are underway in at least 10 of them.
The ANAROCK Group has appointed retail real estate veteran Pankaj Renjhen as COO & Joint Managing Director - ANAROCK Retail. With immediate effect, Renjhen shares the responsibility of overseeing the Firm’s Indian retail operations with Anuj Kejriwal, MD & CEO - ANAROCK Retail
essential goods will fuel Indian retail industry’s growth in the coming quarters as consumer expenditure continues to remain focused on essentials—particularly food and grocery—reveals the latest report by ANAROCK & Retailers Association of India (RAI) titled ‘Indian Retail – Certainty Despite Headwinds’
Mall developers and retailers will benefit from cutting-edge architecture and store design that specifically address the new compulsions and realities of a post-COVID-19 retail market
Anuj Kejriwal, MD & CEO – ANAROCK Retail
The tragic debacle around CCD’s debt-ridden founder may be indicative of a larger malaise
- Rentals can eat away almost 15-20% of the overall revenue an Indian coffee shop generates
- Corresponding costs in countries like the US is just around 5-6%
- many indigenous coffee shops are unable to survive more than 18 months into the business
From the early morning dose to business deals closed over a cup of java, coffee keeps us charged; the millennial coworking culture is often incubated and based in cafés. As a consequence, there has been a stupendous rise in the number of coffee chains and concept bistros across the country.
It all started with Café Coffee Day – popularly known as CCD – which gave the country its first coffee shop way back in 1995, long before global giants arrived.
Today, places like Café Coffee Day are no longer just hangouts or meeting joints, and certainly not just about coffee. They offer a unique ambiance, music and free Wi-fi to youngsters and entrepreneurs alike.
Read more »
ANAROCK Launches ANAROCK Retail To Tap Into India’s $700 Bn. Retail Market
- Partners with Faithlane PC to create India’s most focused retail advisory firm
Mumbai, 6 June 2018: India’s leading independent real estate services firm ANAROCK Property Consultants today announced the official launch of ANAROCK Retail, a new firm dedicated to tapping into India’s $700 bn. retail market via its expert retail consultancy services.
The new firm is the result of a partnership between ANAROCK and Faithlane Property Consultants, headed by retail realty veteran Anuj Kejriwal who joins as CEO & MD – ANAROCK Retail.
ANAROCK’s entry into the retail real estate domain was really only a matter of time,” says Anuj Puri, Chairman – ANAROCK Property Consultants. Mr Puri is himself an acknowledged retail real estate expert who, in addition to his previous role as Chairman of a leading IPC in India, was also Chairman of its Global Retail Leasing Board.
“We have a deep market reach in this domain,
Read more »