18% Homebuyers Prefer New Launch Homes Against Previous 5%: ANAROCK Consumer Sentiment Survey
- RERA implementation & lower GST revive consumer faith in new launches; 36% of buyers still prefer ready-to-move-in units
- Lower prices influenced >50% homebuyers to purchase homes in 2018; nearly 52% would buy again with the same developer
- End-user-driven Bangalore saw 44% of respondents buy homes for investment
- 70% of prospective buyers prefer properties under INR 80 lakh
- Tier 2 & 3 cities new investment hotspots; Bangalore favourite investment destination for NRIs
Mumbai, 24 April 2019: While ready-to-move-in homes remained the preferred choice for several homebuyers, new launches (which drew the least consumer interest in the previous survey) saw a decent revival according to ANAROCK’s Consumer Sentiment Survey H1 2019.
Over 18% of respondents now prefer new launch properties as against mere 5% in the previous survey.
Interestingly, 44% NRIs would now consider new launch properties over under-construction (to be completed in 1 year) or ready-to-move-in homes (obviously a welcome development for developers facing funding issues due to previously negligible advance sales).