51% home buyers seek rental income, 39% prefer affordable housing
- 39% prefer to invest in housing priced below ₹40 Lakh
- 68% seek property for end-use; 52% favour compact 2BHKs
- 51% of investors focused on rental returns
As many as 81% of polled aspiring homebuyers acknowledge Indian real estate’s improved and improving transparency, discipline and accountability post implementation of regulatory policies, reveals ANAROCK Property Consultants’ ‘Real Estate Consumer Outlook: H2 2018’.
Commenting on the survey, Anuj Puri, Chairman – ANAROCK Property Consultants says, “With the now discernible impact of RERA, DeMo and GST, housing sales are seeing an upward trajectory in 2018 q-o-q. New launches have also gone up this year with affordable housing witnessing significant growth. NRIs see India’s rebooted real estate market environment conducive enough to justify property investments, especially on the back of the depreciating rupee.”
- Nearly 69% of prospective buyers are looking to buy property for end-use
- 84% are looking for homes which are either ready-to-move-in or slated to complete in the next 6 months.