After three years since its implementation, RERA is becoming the force it was envisioned to be - especially in disposing of consumer complaints across different states and UTs. As many as 48,556 cases were disposed of by the respective state authorities as of July 2020
Tag: Rera Law
Anuj Puri, Chairman – ANAROCK Property Consultants
- Maharashtra has the most RERA-registered projects with 17,353, UP with 3,950 projects
- Serious developer-favouring dilutions impacting demand in many states
More than a year after RERA was formally implemented, we are beginning to see some real impact on the ground. However, the results are still far from scintillating.
Progress so far
Out of all the states and Union Territories in India, Maharashtra takes the first place when it comes to proactive RERA adoption, implementation and integration, followed by Uttar Pradesh, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh and Karnataka.
As per the latest registration updates, more than 32,306 projects and 23,111 real estate agents have been registered under RERA across states.
- Maharashtra has the highest share of registered projects under RERA, accounting for 17,353
- Uttar Pradesh has 3,950 projects registered
- Gujarat with 3,300 projects registered
- Karnataka has 1,982 projects registered
- Madhya Pradesh has 1,901 projects registered.