Tag: Luxury Homes In India
Luxury Housing Sales Double to 14% in H1 2022 from 7% in 2019
~ INR 500 Cr Worth Luxury Homes in South-Central Mumbai Sold in October
- New supply of homes priced >INR 1.5 Cr stood at 16,100 units in H1 2019 against 5,240 units in H1 2017 (period immediately post DeMo)
- In H1 2017, luxury supply in most cities fell to three-digit numbers; NCR & Pune saw minimal launches – merely 140 units collectively
- Expensive markets MMR & NCR together comprise 59% share of new luxury stock in H1 2019 – 6,490 units & 3,030 units respectively
- Over 9,940 units in H1 2019 added in price budget of INR 1.5 – 2.5 Cr, remaining 6,160 units added in >INR 2.5 Cr budget
- Of the total 6.65 lakh unsold units in top 7 cities in Q2 2019, approx. 86,430 units are in the luxury category (priced >1.5 Cr)
Anuj Puri, Chairman – ANAROCK Property Consultants
Along with the resale homes market, luxury housing took the hardest hit after demonetization. The Government’s continued focus on affordable housing coupled with the surgical strike on high-value currency denominations in November 2016 took the sheen off luxury housing for two years in a row.
Santhosh Kumar, Vice Chairman – ANAROCK Property Consultants
- Just 63,000 ready units currently benefit out of total 6.73 lakh units across top 7 cities
- Nearly 22,000 ready unsold units completed before 2017 don’t benefit from new rule
- 33% of 5.88 lakh unsold under-construction units in the luxury segment – 49% in MMR – will not benefit immediately
Just when the real estate industry was preparing to give the budget a complete thumbs down, the finance minister sprung a surprise ‘bonanza’ for the sector in the last 10 minutes of his speech. Or so it seemed.
Without a doubt, affordable housing gained amidst what was essentially a mass-appeal budget. However, it was the extension of tax relaxation on notional rent for unsold inventory for another year that cheered developers.
However, under closer scrutiny, it is unlikely to benefit a majority of them as on date.
Anti-climax for developers