Category: ANAROCK Retail
- Leading retail brands have closed at least 120+ lease deals at prominent high street markets across the country b/w April 2020 and May 2021
- Within F&B, quick-service restaurants like Starbucks, Pizza Hut & KFC, apparel and lifestyle brands like Biba, Reliance Trends, Pantaloon, Lenskart, Westside, Zudio and Max, and specialist retailers like Croma and Reliance Digital have expanded to high streets
- Increasing high street penetration of leading hypermarket & supermarket brands in tier 2 & 3 cities due to high revenue potential; for instance, MORE Retail Ltd. entered UP cities like Agra, Faizabad, Sitapur and Muzaffarnagar
In a calibrated post-pandemic move, leading retail brands across categories are zeroing in on high street markets for expansion across India. Between April 2020 and May 2021, some of these brands closed over 120 lease deals at prominent high street markets across Indian cities and towns.
The deal sizes ranged for areas as low as 400 sq. ft. and went all the way up to 35,000 sq. ft.
Some Quick Service Restaurants (QSRs) within the F&B category (Starbucks, Pizza Hut, KFC,
- Three-fold jump of mall supply this year – from 3.2 mn. sq. ft. in 2018 to nearly 10 mn. sq. ft. – following supply rollover from the previous year
- Online players plan survival tactics post new E-commerce policy; eye brick-and-mortar spaces
- E-commerce pegged to grow at 27% CAGR, offline retail at 16% between 2017 & 2021
- Nearly US $1.42 bn FDI infused in Indian market between April 2000 to June 2018
Mumbai, 25 February 2019: Responding to burgeoning consumerism in India, mall developers are rapidly infusing new retail developments across the top 7 cities, with nearly 10 mn. sq. ft. new mall supply in 2019.
Factoring in the rollover of some supply from 2018, there will be a three-fold jump in 2019 against the preceding year.
These and other critical insights are outlined in the research report ‘Customer Experience (CX): The Epicentre of Retailing’ by ANAROCK Property Consultants, released at the Retail Leadership Summit (RLS) 2019 in Mumbai today.
Customer experience and built environment are completely metamorphosing the retail business in the country,